Monday, December 4, 2017

it's flippin december (Week 67, Stroud, Cheltenham, Elder Frenkel)

it’s.flippin.december. 
weird right? three weeks from today is CHRISTMAS! we are trying to go all out with light the world. we even set up a stand in town on a night where there was a big celebration and an hour into having it set up I made eye contact with some guy who was near the community office, and I knew it was all over, that rat went in and reported us and then a minute later we were asked to leave, but it was fun while it lasted! you should have seen us take that whiteboard down the giant hill into town Center! 

It has been an interesting week and I don’t want to bore you to death with everything so here’s some highlights:
  • on Tuesday I said duces to Elder Ey, which was kinda sad because I love that homie! I had two hours by myself while waiting for elder frenkel and I decided to go into some shops to look around, one shop had some cool Stroud shirts with this captain America looking logo and I got talking to the designer and it got into the topic of religion and he mentioned how he didn’t believe a loving god could cast people down to a fiery hell and I got talking to him about the plan of Salvation and how God wants the best for us, it was a really cool moment and as Trev would say, it was a way “good touch!”
  • Gxxx Rxxx took us to home teach the Rxxxs and it was so cool because everyone in the family was sharing missionary experiences they had over the last few weeks and lemme just say, they are on fire with missionary work. the spirit was so strong in there and I couldn’t stop smiling!
  • We went to visit Vyyy with Gxxx and we had a great little visit about priesthood blessings and light the world. At the beginning she told us that she was dog sitting her neighbor’s dog and that I might want to keep my bag away. Well, I didn’t. I put my bag on the ground next to me and the entire lesson the dog was silent...because it was chewing my bag apart. At the end I went to pick up my bag and the handle was ripped off. I reached for the shoulder straps and those were torn off as well. I grabbed the ripped pieces and shoved them in my pocket before Vyyy could see because I know she’d feel bad and I didn’t move the bag in the lesson because it was going really well. I took one for the team there. It’s all good though because one of Gxxx’s daughters fixed the bag up for me
  • Gloucester is now in our district so the district is elder frenkel (Germany) and I, sister Koivisto (Finland) and sister alayon (Philippines), sister knight (Utah-she knows the Wilkinson’s!) and sister Kavaka (Tonga). So yes, I’m a relief society president again, and it’s a crazy group!

Elder Frenkel is awesome, super nice guy and really easy to get along with! We have a lot of fun and work really hard! He’s been out for twelve weeks so I’m his second companion! Stroud is still the same as last week: hilly, beautiful, and kind of weird. The ward is great here. My health still isn’t good. But at least the church is still true.

I actually felt really sick this last week. First off, I am seeing a doctor this week so hopefully I’ll have some good weeks ahead! usually it’d be a lot harder on me to feel so crappy, but the best way to describe how I felt this week despite the trial would be exactly how it’s said in Mosiah 24:13-16. 
“13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.
15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.
16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage.”

I believe in the promise in italics in verse 16 and the rest of these verses. The Lord truly did lighten my burdens placed on my shoulders. I think he does that for all who will turn to him in their trials, he may not take them away, but he will provide a way. If god leads you to it, he will certainly lead you through it.

this email is already a book but I got some bday shoutouts to the homie Cayden McCluskey (last Saturday), THE HOMIE TREV (today), my cousin Brooklyn, and also a shoutout to the cousin Ethan on his mission call to Provo! well I gotta run and go give these homies in my district the footworks in chair fútbol! Hope you all have a LIT week! I know I’m about to! Don’t fredette that Elder V loves you guys!

Elder Varner









No comments:

Post a Comment