Monday, November 27, 2017

duces Ey!! (Week 66, Stroud, Cheltenham, England, Elder Ey)

Hey everyone! Hope all you homies had a FAB thanksgiving! Even though I was far across the pond I hope you didn’t forget about me over here! We had a pretty solid turkey day over here, the McArthurs (an American/Scottish) family had us over for dinner and we had a real American thanksgiving meal! It was awesome! You guys better work on your football skills because I’m winning the turkey bowl next year! 😉

We had a weird start to the week...Elder Clauboux got ET’d to the office which left Elder Ey and I with elder galaragga (trio) for the week. And I went on exchanges with elder Kovach so it was a super chaotic and weird week. While I was with elder Kovach we were walking to a street we planned on knocking, and I was praying when a former referal we had tried stopping by came to my mind, we stopped by and she invited us back! Just a cool experience that shows that if we will pray always, we can receive impressions from God.

I felt super sick Friday to Sunday, I think I got the stomach bug to add on top of whatever I already have, but I’m starting to recover from that, a lot of people have it worse than I do so I don’t really have the right to complain much about my affliction. 

I decided to listen to a bunch of conference talks in the middle of Friday night while I felt super sick and one of them is called “None Were With Him” by Elder Holland, it’s pure gold! I listened to that thing multiple times over the last few days. He said “one of the great consolations is that because Jesus walked such a long, lonely path utterly alone, we do not have to do so. His solitary journey brought great company for our little version of that path--the merciful care of our Father in Heaven, the unfailing companionship of this Beloved Son, the consummate gift of the Holy Ghost, angels in heaven, family members on both sides of the veil, prophets and apostles, teachers, leaders, friends. All of these and more have been given as companions for our mortal journey because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the Restoration of His gospel. Trumpeted from the summit of Calvary is the truth that we will never be left alone nor unaided, even if sometimes we may feel that we are. Truly the Redeemer of us all said: “I will not leave you comfortless: [My Father and] I will come to you [and abide with you].” I know that He has not left me comfortless or alone in the trials I’ve faced/am facing in my life, and while it’s still not easy, because of him it’s possible.

Almost forgot, dodge calls came in and I’m saying duces to Elder Ey tomorrow! he’s off to rugby! I’m getting an elder from Germany! I’m nervous but excited for the upcoming transfer out here in S T R O U D! Also the new Christmas video, light the world, is out NOW! I’ll attach it and you can also check it out at Mormon.org! Spread it like wildfire!

I love all of you and I really miss you guys! Don’t ever fredette that! Have a LIT week! I’ll try to do the same! Look unto Christ in every thought, doubt not, fear not ✌😘

Elder Varner

also some of you asked for my address to send letters or stuff for Christmas so here it is!










No comments:

Post a Comment