Monday, December 25, 2017

He is The Reason for the Season! (Week 70, Stroud, Cheltenham, England, Elder Frenkel)

what did adam say to eve the day before christmas?

merry christmas, eve! 

get it? haha, what a cheesy joke

surprise Christmas email coming in your way! yep today is our pday as well so my family gets a weekly email and SKYPE! hyped for that! merry Christmas to all of you! I don’t want to make this too long but here’s some highlights:
  • Christmas themed district meeting and Christmas zone activity ft watching the face to face event with elder ballard and elder oaks. you all need to check that face to face out! ballard and oaks were throwing out some gems during that!
  • lots of knocking doors, met a few cool people as well! we did district finding a few times and we did caroling from door to door, our entire 6 person district got let in 2 doors as we sung together, and one was this Italian guy who kept offering us a little tea and coffee, when we said we don’t drink that stuff, he said it was just a little, I escaped that by asking for water! Haha
  • Yesterday at church we had a Christmas nativity and a munch and mingle after which was awesome. This ward is taking amazing care of us this Christmas season with gifts and dinners, they are amazing here! And thank you to all you lovely people who sent packages or letters to me, they really meant a lot! 😘

British food of the week: I’ve loved pretty much all that has been fed to me on my mission, we had an amazing English breakfast with our bishop and his family over the weekend and it was bomb! But we also got fed something called Christmas pudding, it’s a classic British Christmas dessert loaded with raisins and other [] stuff, it’s aged for like 6 months or something as well, wouldn’t really recommend that! Haha

Christmas season is amazing, it’s a fun time of year packed with fun movies, presents, food, family, parties, etc. But there if that is the extent to your Christmas season you are missing out on so so much. The only way to get the most out of this time of year, to feel the most peace and happiness is to embrace what Christmas is all about, which is Jesus Christ. It’s CHRIST-mas. Maybe to get the whole spirit of Christmas, we need to drop that last syllable. I’m so grateful that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me enough to send His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to atone for my mistakes. I’m so grateful for the love Jesus Christ offers me, and that he offers each of you. His loving hand of mercy and peace and joy is ALWAYS extended towards us, no matter what we have done, all we need to do is to reach out to him. 

I love you all! Fam, I’ll talk to you in a few hours! To all my other homies, next time I talk to you it’ll be 2018!!! Be smart on New Year’s Eve, merry Christmas! May your holiday season be filled with peace and joy 😘🎄✌

Elder Varner











No comments:

Post a Comment