Monday, December 11, 2017

gold mine week (Week 68, Stroud, Cheltenham, Elder Frenkel)

if any of you had any idea how hyped I am right now! this week was filled with miracles and fun stuff left and right! im even more hyped than we all were when jimmer was dropping dimes at byu!
to start out all the madness, we had exchanges with elder Bassett and elder Johnson and I got to go with the homie Johnson! We had a sick lesson with Vyyy about the importance of CPR (church, prayer, and reading the scriptures) and it went so well. Then we knocked some doors and we saw this house decked out with Christmas decorations and right before the door opened I said to Elder Johnson “let’s sing”-so we started singing Christmas carols to this 17 year old kid and you could just tell how weird he felt about it, it was so awkward but it led to a fun conversation and he even invited us back!

Wednesday we caught a lift with a member to a place way down south called Malmesbury, it’s like 12 miles south and the best way to describe the area is “the field is WHITE ALREADY TO HARVEST” I don’t think missionaries had been here in years and we saw so many cool things happen, here’s a few miracles:
  • Elder Frenkel and I each picked 10 streets and we decided we would knock every street that we picked in common, which turned out to be four. On all four streets we knocked, we found some sick new people to teach and we knocked into less active members who hadn’t seen missionaries in years
  • As we were waiting for our ride to pick us up and take us back to Stroud, we both felt like we needed to knock a totally random door we were near, so we did and...it turned out to be another less active member who hadn’t seen missionaries in years!!

There’s so much stuff for this week and I want to tell you everything but I’m just gonna tell you a few more of the highlights:
  • for district finding in Cheltenham we handed out free hot chocolates in the town!
  • doctors appointment in Birmingham-I had a blood test and am waiting on the results for that, but I’ll live :)
  • we were on our way to go knocking doors and I was in a pretty cruddy mood and I started praying as we were walking, and a different street popped into my head, I kinda shrugged it off, but it kept coming back to my head, so we went and knocked the street and nothing, then we felt like we needed to go back and reknock one door and we did and an African family answered and invited us back. I’m so grateful that I listened to that prompting.
  • It SNOWED yesterday! And after 1 inch of snow in the morning, church got cancelled, crazy! We went over to the Rxxxson family’s house for lunch and to teach them the plan of Salvation and the spirit was so strong as we testified of god’s plan for us. We were asked “what will the celestial kingdom be like?” And just the thought of how amazing it will be brought tears to my eyes as we bore our testimonies to them. it was a great afternoon with them and we even got in a bit of a snowball fight after, video included!

Here’s a sweet quote that we can all use in our lives from Richard G Scott-“We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day” We are the sum result of our choices and our daily choices, big and small, determine who we become!

Sorry for the novel today, I held back on a lot more stories which just goes to show that this week was seriously incredible! Also birthday shoutouts to my aunt Kristen, my sista Julia, and my aunt carolee! Love you guys! Make it a LIT week! ðŸ˜˜

Elder Varner




















No comments:

Post a Comment