Monday, December 18, 2017

right place, right time, right away!! (Week 69, Stroud, Cheltenham, Elder Frenkel)

monday night 8:30-walking back to our flat when we suddenly decide to stop at McDonald’s for dinner
as we walk in I noticed all the rubbish all over the place and I said to Elder Frenkel: “let’s throw this stuff away for them”
we proceeded to throw away a ton of trash and I didn’t think anyone was watching us but as we finished ordering our food, I went to grab my card and the cashier said these beautiful words: “it’s on the house”

free mcdonalds was just the first of many miracles for the week. this week was packed with recognising and acting on spiritual promptings! it was another FAB week out here! we are grinding out here! this is the hardest I’ve worked on my mission!

I won’t include every amazing thing that happened this week because we’d be here til Christmas but here’s a few highlights:
  • we were knocking doors on tuesday night and we felt pretty good about the street and bam! first door this homie named Fxxx let us in! i was so surprised I almost forgot what to say. he’s so cool and when we gave him a book of mormon he shook our hands and looked us in the eyes and said with determination “I am going to read this book”. Getting let in while knocking doors is rare here so that whole experience was unreal! And there were so many factors that fell into place for us to be at that street at that time!
  • we had an awesome ward Christmas party on Friday night and one of our investigators even showed up and loved it! this ward is quite small but it is like a family-I love it! also had a Christmas zone Conference on Thursday which was sick!
  • we were trying to pick a street to knock on Saturday night and we decided to go to this one that we felt strongly about, well a few doors into it we met an awesome guy named Hxxxx literally right as he was walking out his door! He believes there is something after this life but isnt sure exactly what and he was way excited to see us. “Right place, right time, right away!!”-espn’s commentary on the byu vs Utah state game a few years back describes that moment perfectly!

There were loads of cool experiences but I’ll save you all time this week and save them for later! I also got to speak in church yesterday. I spoke on joy, hit me up if you want me to send you a copy of the talk! Here’s a quote for the week, Elder Neal A. Maxwell once rightly said: “The submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we ‘give’ … are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us.” When we turn over our will to God’s will, he will pour down blessings! Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven! This Christmas season, the best gift you can give to Jesus Christ, is ultimately yourself.

Merry Christmas everyone! Or should I say Happy Christmas! Anyways have a great Christmas and don’t fredette to go serve someone this week! I love you guys!

Elder Varner












No comments:

Post a Comment