Monday, October 3, 2016

Bus Problems (Week 7)

October 3, 2016


Wow, what a week it was! This area is so fetching lit right now, no joke guys, this is so lit right now, I don't even know where to start, but I'll try:

after sending my emails last week, I got my haircut, probably the shortest I've got it cut in a long time, hope you all like it ;) we went to subway, and visited a less active named ExGx, super funny guy, he said he will come out to an activity sometime. After visiting with him, me and elder mthethwa made the sketchiest walk I have made. Wales is a super safe place, but walking through allys and a dark forest is sketchy, but we made it alive, as elder gilbert would say, I ain't scared, I go to church!

Tuesday we had to go out to myrthr for a double district meeting with President Leppard and Sister Leppard. They emphasised new code texts that are meant for evacuation because apparently a ton of stuff is going down around the world lately and we are being super prepared for the worst. we took a sketchy looking bus back to the hood(otherwise known as Swansea), it took two flippin hours, not much for the day to be honest

Wednesday was a super foggy day. we went to the church in the morning to make flyers for general conference. When we left we were trying to find the bus stop that'd take us back into town, and I saw the bus that we wanted to take, and I turned around, realised that we weren't near the bus stop and I saw elder Mthethwa just start booking it! I was like "holy fetch!" I started running full speed, which is still pretty slow, in order to try to beat the bus to the bus station, and we missed it haha. Then we headed to the other bus stop and I saw that bus, I started booking it even faster than the last time, I wasn't gonna miss two buses in a row, I don't mess. We barely caught it, in the fetching rain. Jeez guys I can't stress this story enough, it seriously was so close. That wasn't the end to our bus problems, we missed two more buses throughout the day, one time was because some fetcher lied to us on what side of the road we had to be on for a certain bus, and then the other bus never came when it was supposed to. We had a 45 minute walk back to our flat, and it wasn't raining anymore, but it was so misty outside. Do you know those misters at theme parks that are super heavenly on a hot day? Well imagine that X10, but it being on you for 45 minutes with wind. I was SOAKED by the end of the night, but it's all good, we had a long day but found some success.

Thursday we continued to deal with bus problems, we wanted to visit a lady who just got out of the hospital named CxJx, and we took the wrong bus, so that's fun. We met with Kxxx ( the lady that came up to us last week and asked for a Book of Mormon). It was our second meeting and we talked to her more about baptism, and I extended the invitation to her to be baptised and she said yes! She says that she will pray more about a date and get back to us soon! This chick is on fire guys, she's 29, a college student, and she has read to Alma in one week, fetching golden, it's crazy, we are so blessed to be able to have run into her and that we can help her come unto Christ more. It amazes me to see how prepared she is, it excites me so much. We met with Axxxn after and he talked a ton, we met with him for two hours, he said he'd be baptised if he developed a testimony so we have work to do there. I finally made a legit chicken meal thing, and we jammed out to sons of provo (gold star for you if you know that reference) My confidence was strong as we talked to people, it started out as a hard day in personal study, but Satan was just trying to bring me down, and when I got over negative thoughts and vibes, it turned out to be the BEST day in the mission so far. This is the happiest I've been so far.

Friday was sweet too! We had a good lesson with One of our investigators named Dxxxn, he started out asking a lot of questions trying to get us to slip up, but we bore our testimonies and he felt the spirit. We did some finding, and ran into Shaun from the ward. He says that he is gonna move to Idaho or Utah with his family next year early on! I'm so hyped! I'll get to see him a ton after the mish! We got to hang with him for like 30 minutes and talked to him about byu and how Jamesthemormon is getting huge, he said that jamesthemormon is crazy big now in the states, and all I have to say is I told you so. I started listening to him early this year before he got super big, and a ton of people bagged on him, but now he's huge! Check him out! Carry Me Away is my favorite by him! We had another lesson with Kxxx, it's looking like she'll be baptised on October 29th, She's so solid, it amazes me so much. We got some guys from the ward to come out and play volleyball at night, which was fun.

Saturday/Sunday:fetch its already October, that's crazy. Three of our three appointments fell through so we grabbed lunch at a pub with some other elders. We watched the Saturday morning session at 5:00 here on Saturday and oh my gosh it was amazing. Conference as a missionary is so amazing. I had so many questions answered and I felt the spirit so strongly. I'm so happy after it, and it is the best general conference I've ever watched. Every session is incredible and you all need to watch or listen or read it on lds.org . Kxxx came to watch conference on Sunday and she loved it! 

This week was great, but there were hard moments, but those depressing feelings go away as soon as I forget myself and go to work! I've learned and applied that a lot and I'm growing to love this more and more.

I'll leave you all with one spiritual thought: It's hard following general conference because we have to come down from that peak experience of feeling the spirit so eloquently and clearly. Elder Holland gave this counsel last general conference, "First of all, if in the days ahead you not only see limitations in those around you but also find elements in your own life that don’t yet measure up to the messages you have heard this weekend, please don’t be cast down in spirit and don’t give up. The gospel, the Church, and these wonderful semiannual gatherings are intended to give hope and inspiration. They are not intended to discourage you. Only the adversary, the enemy of us all, would try to convince us that the ideals outlined in general conference are depressing and unrealistic, that people don’t really improve, that no one really progresses. And why does Lucifer give that speech? Because he knows he can’t improve, he can’t progress, that worlds without end he will never have a bright tomorrow. He is a miserable man bound by eternal limitations, and he wants you to be miserable too. Well, don’t fall for that. With the gift of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the strength of heaven to help us, we can improve, and the great thing about the gospel is we get credit for trying, even if we don’t always succeed." The messages we heard over the weekend have inspired and uplifted those who watched with prayerful intent. And In the upcoming days, I would encourage you to all embrace what elder Holland said in this quote, and to use these messages we heard over the weekend to constantly uplift us and to never give up. 

 I love you all. Have a blessed week!



Elder Varner





No comments:

Post a Comment