Monday, October 24, 2016

Mission Boundaries . . .(Week 10)

Dang, I know some of you might be thinking:fetch, why would Dallas leave the mission boundaries, continue reading to find out...

The past week has been another good one filled with miracles left and right. No, actually this week wasnt good, it was absolutely amazing. This was the best week so far of my mission. I would like to apologise because this letter is a lot longer than normal, even though normal ones are long, I appreciate your time, so thank you!

Last Sunday we went to church in the morning and I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting. I decided to give it on prayer, and to be honest, it was probably the best talk I've ever given, the spirit really guided it. There was like ten investigators and recent converts between all the missionaries in the ward, which was sweet. I love this ward and these people, this has to be the best area ever, I love these people. After church we traveled through the lone dreary wilderness of the United Kingdom to go stay in Harbourne for the night.



After only 5 hours of sleep on Monday night, I woke up, got ready, and went to the Solihull Chapel. At the beginning, we all got to shake Elder and Sister Cooks hands, which was amazing. They went on to both give amazing talks. Sister Cook talked about how music can bring the spirit, and also how our first "convert" is ourselves. Elder Cook didn't have one specific topic, he answered some questions and talked a lot about his mission, but all I'll say is that he is a sure witness of Jesus Christ, it is incredible. After that, we all got to hangout and eat lunch with the other missionaries from the mission. I got to see Elder Hill (formally known as Ben), and the rest of my mtc district, which was super fun! Me, elder Mthethwa, elder miner, and elder smith drove back to Wales after, and got a super nice roast dinner thing for like £6, I was thrilled.

I woke up Tuesday morning with a super bad sore throat, which sucked. But elder mthethwa asked me to pray about a street to knock doors on, and after a few minutes I felt good about one, we knocked the first three doors, no response, fourth door, no immediate response, we were beginning to walk away, when a lady answered the door and invited us in to talk, her name is Gxxxr, Welsh name I think. Anyways, she seems pretty solid, which is exciting. After that, me and elder miner went to go talk to people at the city centre, lots of success for that, it was fun! We also went to Starbucks which was seriously legit cuz it reminded me of home.

Wednesday had nothing exciting at all.

Thursday was a busy day, every minute was packed. We went early to zone meeting, which was pretty cool. After that, we met with Gxxxr again and she seemed super happy about our message. We then met with Axxxa who is looking forward to her baptism which is NOVEMBER 12th! Then we met with Kxxx, who is getting baptised  THIS Saturday!!!!!!! She is so amazing, she's so prepared and we are all pretty excited! After three lessons in a row, non stop, we ran, literally, to Royston's house for dinner. There's a picture with him attached on this. He is so funny, I love that guy. He has the biggest heart, such a genuine person, he's 80 and he looks way younger, and he has so much energy, I would've thought he was late 40s or 50s, crazy! I love this guy, he's one of those guys I'll never forget about.

Friday we left at 4:30 am to go to Birmingham for a follow up trainers meeting. It was so early, but I managed to get sleep. We had to take a train, and I thought "man this train thing will be so cool". I have never been so wrong in my entire life. I thought it'd be like Harry Potter, but it was a train with way too many people squeezed on, both ways. For those who want that Harry Potter experience, just go to Harry Potter world at universal. The meeting was quite fun though, it was cool to see my mtc district again. 

Saturday was pretty good. We met with Aaron again which was cool. We had stake conference session 1! It was really good! President and Sister Leppard came to it and spoke. Elder smith and elder miner spoke too on inviting people to church and bringing people back to church. My favorite talk was by far sister Leppard's talk! She spoke on how there are no ways around challenges, so we should go through them with a good attitude. Come what may and LOVE it!!! After, Kxxx had her baptismal interview with President Leppard and she is officially getting baptised and confirmed this weekend!!!! She was so excited and we were all way excited! I'm so hyped!! Also, our heater broke earlier in the day, but finally got it working at night. It's good cuz it'll be a cold winter...

Sunday was a good day, just stake conference and planning and stuff. Oh, gxxxr came to church, and she liked it so much that she told someone about our church after, things are looking good.

Now, for those of you who wanted to know why I left the mission boundaries, it really isn't a cool story, but it catches attention. Four of us were driving to Birmingham for the mission conference when we realised that we had to go through Bristol to get there, right as we were crossing over the boundary, we called president about having to leave the boundaries to get to it, and he seemed cool with it, I guess there's a lot of trust with the zone leaders, but man, at least I can say I've been to Bristol now.

Quick Spiritual Thought: elder Holland once said about the Book of Mormon, "Brothers and sisters, God always provides safety for the soul, and with the Book of Mormon, He has again done that in our time. Remember this declaration by Jesus Himself: “Whoso treasureth up my word, shall not be deceived”--and in the last days neither your heart nor your faith will fail you". The Book of Mormon can bring peace and protection as we read and pray about it constantly. I have seen so many blessings as a result from reading the Book of Mormon daily. The Book of Mormon is true. It is my hope and prayer that we read from it for the peace and protection it offers. 

Well, thanks for tuning in this week. Keep the Jager family in your prayers, spread love to everyone. Till next time 

Elder Varner

Sent from my iPad

Picture 1: Me and Elder Hill
Picture 2: MTC District
Picture 3: Royston's Dinner Appointment
Picture 4/5: The Crew aka Zone

Picture 6: Elder Miner and I at Starbucks







No comments:

Post a Comment