Saturday, October 15, 2016

Hey, Hey, Hey ... Hey, Hey, Hey, Living Like We're Renegades (Week 9)

SURPISE...Pday isn't Tuesday, it's today for some reason, so here's an email for your weekend, I'll be back on next Monday, the 24th, so hope this does some justice. This past week has been so amazing!! This is the most fun and the happiest I've been in a long time, and I love these people so Flippin much. It was a lit week!

After emailing on Monday, we met up with the district and the sister training leaders and went laser tagging and to this dessert place called Kaspas, which was absolutely life changing. It's incredible, I can't do it justice. We went to Liberty Stadium(where Swansea City plays, the football club), and I bought my first football/soccer jersey, which I was pretty excited about. We also grabbed some legit fish n chips with Will Roberts, the elders quorum president, and he told me about this legit golf course called Langland Bay, apparently the Ryder cup was played there in 2010, which may be false, but I'm already making plans to play a round there soon so stay tuned! ⛳️ oh also, at dinner, the waiter asked how long we were in the UK for and I said two years while raising two fingers, which is flipping someone off here, we all laughed cuz it was a sincere mistake, I apologised and the waiter was cracking up big time

Tuesday was a lot of finding, with no real success, not too much for the day to be honest, but it was a good day, and the spirits still ran high, I don't really get sad or mad when people reject us, more unmotivated sometimes, but I'm working on it. Oh there was a kind of funny moment, these two little 12 year olds came up to me and my companion and asked if we were from America, I said I was, he gave me a fist pump and got kind of excited, which was nice cuz I feel like a lot of people here don't like Americans haha

Wednesday, honestly I can't remember that much from this day, but we had a lesson with Kxxx, which was amazing as always. Oh also, it was my first "Dodge Night". Dodge Night is where we find out what is happening for the next transfer, which is actually crazy. Dodge night, it's no joke, like at all. The district is staying the same, except sister swapp is moving to some other area, but the rest is the same, and me and elder Mthethwa are staying here, no trio for now!

Thursday, we had zone conference in Cardiff, which was fun. Um we went finding for a bit, I had some good energy, I was happy. We saw Axxxn again, and he was cool, but needs to start making more progression gospel wise, but we will keep trying. After we saw Axxxn, the district all got dessert together at kaspas for sister swapps last night, and that was fun!

Friday, what a day. We had a lesson with Dxxxn, which went pretty well. After that we hung out with one of elder Mthethwa's convert from a while ago which was fun. Then we taught Kxxx about tithing with brother Roberts from the bishopric, he is the guy in the center for the volleyball pic in black. He's exactly like brother Doyle, he's so funny, brother Doyle: you would love this guy. We had volleyball, huge show up, like that picture is only half the people that showed up, it was crazy, and it was so fun, I love this place, I'm so happy I'm staying here another transfer. My favorite two guys in the ward are brother roberts and Shaun fish, he is the guy with the hat on the very right, he invited us over for next week to hangout and listen to Jamesthemormon and for dinner, that'll be a super fun dinner appointment, man I love this place, I don't want to leave, at all. I hope I get to stay here past Christmas. 

Of course I'll end this off with a spiritual thought: a few years ago, elder Holland said "I would say to all who wish for more faith, remember this! In moments of fear or doubt or troubling times, hold the ground you have already won, even if that ground is limited!" Stay true to the faith you have! I promise you as you do this, your faith will grow, and you will receive blessings for it!

Anyways, I love you all! Have a good week and Stay blessed!

Elder Varner





No comments:

Post a Comment