Monday, February 5, 2018

Return of the Gypsies (Week 76, Leicester, Elder Stock)

the sun is going down out a chilly afternoon in leicester. we are grinding it out on the university talking to people about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ when for the second time in my life I saw...gypsies. the last time I saw one was during the “attack” on our football game in cardiff last summer, and again I saw some, but this time they were walking on the actual road with a pony and a cart/wagon with stuff hitched on the back. and I saw them settled at the park an hour later. this time they came in peace though. what a time to be alive.
this week was a pretty good one. we taught some lessons, one of which was to ryan who we met last week, he loved the plan of salvation and also the book of mormon and how it testifies of Christ. he was honored to accept one, it was humbling to me! we continue to grind and search for those who are ready to accept the gospel, it’s hard, but oh so worth it, every bit of time I put into this work is so worth it. I love being a missionary. I love being a representative of the Savior. I feel His love, and I know He does indeed live. Missions are so hard, but I would say this is the best time of my entire life.

one thing I’ve learned and shared with you all before is how happiness is a choice, but I want to say some stuff on it again. in the midst of severe persecution and suffering, the prophet Joseph Smith wrote “Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.” We don’t get to control all that life throws at us. Sometimes we get thrown into some pretty crappy situations, but we can choose to be happy and to cheerfully do everything we actually have control over. We can trust that God will take care of all that is out of our control. He won’t forsake us. Elder Wirthlin once said “come what may and LOVE IT!” choose today to be happy! don’t wait for circumstances to change or get better! don’t wait for a special someone to come into your life to be happy, don’t wait for school to be over to be happy, don’t wait for a promotion to be happy, don’t wait for a trial to dissolve to be happy, stop waiting to be happy, be happy today! in return, others around you will be happier as well! god created us and sent us here to experience JOY! (see 2 Nephi 2:25)

words couldn’t describe how much I miss all of you, but words couldn’t even come close to describing how much I love it here. I LOVE being a missionary, I LOVE how the trials I face are bringing me closer to my saviour, I LOVE these English and Welsh people, I LOVE my Heavenly Father and my saviour, I do know that they live, and they love us, and I LOVE EACH OF YOU! have a lit week! go find someone who’s struggling or is sad and lift them up! I promise you’ll be lifted from your sincere act of service! Look unto Christ in every thought, doubt not, fear not ðŸ˜˜✌

Elder Varner












No comments:

Post a Comment