Monday, January 29, 2018

it that all you got? (Week 75, Leicester, England, Elder Stock)

hey everyone! thank you all for the encouraging emails and all the prayers, each one helped a lot! this week was a lot better, I still felt the same, but overall my attitude was better and we saw some cool stuff happen!
if I had to name the theme for this last week it would be the Book of Mormon. so much about the Book of Mormon this last week. we used it in every aspect of the work we do. when we talked to people at the university, we tried having printed pages of the Book of Mormon and we asked people to highlight every reference to Jesus Christ they could find, when we would tell them what book it was from, they’d be shocked to hear it was the Book of Mormon. I think we gave out over 5 or 6 copies this week which is a lot. I’ll attach a pic of the “experiment” we did. i was asked to give a Training on the Book of Mormon in our district meeting on Friday which was fitting because I finished the Book of Mormon again last Thursday. I’ll talk more about that later.

we had a basketball night at the church and got a decent show up for it. one of the games I was MVP cuz I was literally draining every deep shot I was taking, and I even wrecked someone by blocking their shot. tell coach rose to warm up my spot on next year’s team! haha, we also played football (soccer) on Saturday morning. I’ve never been good with my feet, but I was dominating in our 3v3 game, breaking ankles, and even scored 6 of 10 goals in one game!

we met a lot of cool people this last week, it’s amazing how god just puts us in the right place at the right time. we chose to walk on this place called new walk yesterday afternoon and some random guy called us over and we started talking with him. his name is Rxxyan, super cool guy who started believing in god two weeks ago. we had a real good convo with him and are seeing him again on Tuesday

here are some random bits and pieces from the last week:
  • Elder stock and I were walking and he said I could punch him as hard as I could, so I gave a 90% punch and some random lady walked past us and said “is that all you’ve got?” so that’s my embarrassing moment of the week
  • we were sitting down emailing last Monday inside a mall when some random black guy ran past us screaming “run nibba run” although he used a different middle word
  • we sang the australian national song at district meeting for Australia Day, not as good as our national anthem though

There was other stuff that happened but this email is already super long. This week I finished the Book of Mormon. I can say it really is another testament of Jesus Christ. There is NO other book that will bring you closer to Him than the Book of Mormon. Every time I read it I can feel of god’s infinite love, I feel a desire to serve others, and my desire to sin decreases. The reason the Book of Mormon is such a powerful book is because it is the word of god, and it testifies simply and clearly of the way we can live with god again, through his son Jesus Christ. I know it’s true and that it came about the way Jospeh smith said it came about. Any intelligent person can open the Book of Mormon and recognise that a young uneducated farm boy could not have possibly made it up. It is of god or the devil, it is either the word of god or a fraud, there is no middle ground. I testify that it is of god, and I invite each of you to read it, ponder what it has to say, and pray and ask god if it is true. 

I love all of you guys, have a rad week, and don’t fredette-GO EAGLES!!

Elder Varner










No comments:

Post a Comment