Monday, January 8, 2018

Leicester on the rise and grind (Week 72, Stroud, Cheltenham, England, Elder Frenkel| transfer to Leicester with Elder Stock)

what’s good guys! sorry only half of you got my weekly email last week, the computers weren’t working but I hope you all had a good New Years! it’s been a busy last week here!
last Monday PJ and Aiden (homies from Wylde green) came down to visit and we went to Gadfield Elm (its the very first Mormon chapel in the world)-pretty cool stuff! No one was there so to get into the building you had to answer church trivia questions to open the door. It was sweet to see pj again as well! He’s been rockin lately-he recently got the melkezidek priesthood and is planning on the temple soon!

Tuesday was district meeting and interviews which were great-I talked a bit about our mantle as missionaries. we did a lot of knocking doors this week and even got let in a few doors. my fav convo we had though was with one [girl] in Gloucester-she isn’t very religious but we just bore so much testimony and we watched her heart soften-it was way cool! 

we went to mlc on friday in birmingham-as a mission we are gonna work a lot on using the Book of Mormon in every aspect of the work. it was a good meeting! not a ton else for the week other than the typical knocking doors and member visits.

I found out last night I’ll be leaving Stroud tomorrow to go to...Leicester City Center! I’ll be follow up Training an elder stock from Utah! I’m stoked! There’s two universities in our area and from everything I’ve heard, it’s gonna be an absolute blast! I’ll miss it here in Stroud though. The ward may have been small, but it was a family, I love this ward and the area in general is beautiful. I also loved all the missionaries I got to serve around here. It’s a bitter sweet departure but as the familiar hymn says “I’ll go where you want me to go”.

It was sad hearing about the death of Thomas S Monson. I know he was truly the lord’s prophet on the earth. I’m so grateful that God still speaks to prophets and apostles today, that the authority to act in god’s name that was here when Christ lived on the earth has been restored. You can know for yourself that god still speaks to prophets and apostles by asking him in prayer. I thank God for the life of president Thomas S. Monson. Here’s some quotes from him that have had a major impact on my life:
  • “When you are on the Lord’s errand, you are entitled to His help”
  • “My brothers and sisters, there is no tomorrow to remember if we don’t do something today”
  • “Whom the Lord calls, He qualifies”
  • “Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved”
  • “I believe the Savior is telling us that unless we lose ourselves in service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives. Those who live only for themselves eventually shrivel up and figuratively lose their lives, while those who lose themselves in service to others grow and flourish--and in effect save their lives”
  • “May we ever be courageous and prepared to stand for what we believe, and if we must stand alone in the process, may we do so courageously, strengthened by the knowledge that in reality we are never alone when we stand with our Father in Heaven”
  • “I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives. I so testify with all my heart in the name of Jesus Christ”

Im definitely nervous for the upcoming week but i think it’s gonna be a great one! I love you all so much. keep me in your prayers this week and have a lit week, I’ll try to do the same. look unto Christ in every thought, doubt not, fear not ✌

Elder Varner














No comments:

Post a Comment