Monday, October 30, 2017

The Rise! (Week 63, Stroud, Cheltenham, England, Elder Ey)

homies! if you only knew how hyped I was right now! we saw some sweet things happen this week and this area is gonna explode soon! let’s get it!

last pday we went to Cheltenham to spend the day with our district, we did some shopping, played some sports, and even went to the celestial kingdom (five guys) and back. I did an exchange with elder clement (from Germany) in Cheltenham. on Monday night we were knocking doors and this uni student asked us each how this message we share has blessed us in our lives. I told her about my mom and how because of the gospel, I know I’ll live with her again. she was in tears, her father had passed away from cancer when she was growing up and she was so touched by how confident we both were that this message is true! her name is myyay!

elder ey (pronounced “I”) and I went to this cool little old town called nailsworth and we were walking up this massive hill and we saw this homie named Axxntony, who was wearing a bulls hat and we just told him we were handing out copies of the Book of Mormon and offered him one. He told us that he and his girlfriend have both been wanting to look more into religion, and the coolest part of all of this was that we only ended up on that street at that time because elder ey’s map went crazy, god truly places us in the path of people! He knows his children! 

We met another homie named Exxd while knocking doors, and again I got to share my experience with my mom, and then we learned that his mom also passed away from cancer and he’s always hoped for a sign that would lead him to believe in an afterlife, he didn’t want to meet again which made no sense to us but he accepted our challenge to read the plan of Salvation leaflet and to try praying for the first time.

i felt so sick at the beginning of last week, and there was one night where I was just shaking because I felt so crappy, I asked for a priesthood blessing and following that I was able to get some sleep and able to start feeling a bit better. I sometimes wonder why I’m being put through this trial, and I heard a really cool quote on a recent face to face that says “if god leads you to it, he will lead you through it”. I love that! Yesterday I gave a twenty minute talk on turning faith into testimony, I focused on two points. One being that we should doubt our doubts and act on the faith which we already have and second being that we turn trials into testimony building experiences. Email me if you want me to share the talk with you! There was a random non member that showed up and she seemed to be touched by the meeting. It was a solid week!

Here’s a thought for y’all, and that is that God doesn’t care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are and, with His help, where you are willing to go. I’m so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. There have been times where I’ve struggled to let go of the past, and there have been times where I’ve felt I’ve not improved at all. And I know that because of Jesus Christ, second chances are real. He isn’t a myth, he isn’t a fairy tale. Jesus Christ really did live, he did die for each of us, and He lives today. I testify of that with all the energy of my soul. I know that my redeemer lives! He is my saviour, my best friend, and rock, and he’s your saviour. His love is unfailing.

happy Halloween to all of you and a happy birthday to my mom who would have turned 49 this year! I’m the luckiest guy out here cuz not many missionaries can say they have their mom with them on their mission! But I do!

Just a test, email me a short line if you still read these emails, have a good week and always remember that elder V loves you!

Elder Varner


Sent from my iPad










No comments:

Post a Comment