Monday, October 2, 2017

superbowl weekend!!! (Week 59, Rwibina, Cardiff, Wales, Elder Yim)

hey everyone! what a weekend it’s been! conference weekend is like Super Bowl weekend for us! we just get together with other missionaries, eat food, and feast on the words of the lord’s chosen servants! It was such an uplifting week for me!

Not too much happened during the week, we did some service, met with some “born again” Christian guys who wanted to bash with us, we bore our testimonies of the restoration though and we knew that they knew that we knew that they felt the spirit, but sadly they denied it. elder dastrup and I had a mini trip to costco for a meal and it was so weird to be back in a Costco again after a year, but it’s pretty much the same over here! we had zone Conference on Friday and had some training on the poppy appeal which is a fundraiser we help out with for people serving in the forces over here, it’s actually really cool. and it was great to get some training from president leppard as well! he’s an amazing man! We had a big ice cream social at the church on Fridaynight and it was super well attended! 

Now the real part of the week! Conference! I wish I could share everything I learned with you guys but there’s so much, and you’d be here for daysssss. So much amazing stuff! If you didn’t watch it, go to LDS.org and check it out!!! I still haven’t seen the Sunday afternoon session but I’ll get to watch it sometime this upcoming week! it was super sad to hear elder Hales passed away, definitely keep his family in your prayers. he was a great man and I know he was an apostle of Jesus Christ! all my questions I had going into Conference were answered and I felt the spirit so strongly, this upcoming week I’m going to come up with some goals and plans to implement what I learned into my life! I liked how pretty much every talk was somewhat linked in the sense that the key points brought up included serving those around us, how we can all become effective instruments in the lord’s hands, and how to develop greater faith in the Savior! My fav talks had to be president eyrings talk on service or president Nelsons talk on the Book of Mormon! Hit me up with what you learned this weekend and what your favourite talks were!!!

A major happy bday shoutout to my dad, one of the strongest people I know, and my best friend and greatest example! also a happy birthday to one of the most Christlike people I’ve ever met and one of my best homies, Austin cook! Hope you both have amazing birthdays! also a major shoutout to Taylor Chavez for her mission call to PERU!!!

I can’t believe it’s October! I’ll see you guys somewhat soon! I love you all! Look unto Christ in EVERY thought, doubt not, fear not ๐Ÿ˜˜✌

Elder Varner

heres some sweet links to check out, all of you!

an amazing talk that you homies gotta watch or read this week!!!! :   https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/10/a-summer-with-great-aunt-rose?lang=eng


Sent from my iPad






No comments:

Post a Comment