Monday, October 23, 2017

duces Cardiff! (Week 62, Stroud, Chetlenham, England, Elder Ey)

hey everyone! 
it’s been a weird week to say the least but it’s been a fun one! I really don’t like saying goodbye to people so saying goodbye to Cardiff was kinda rough, especially cuz of how tight all us missionaries were there. For the last pday there we went to Cardiff city to grab some stuff and while we were there the sun went red because of hurricane Ophelia and stuff, we got some cool pictures. Then we made bacon avacado burgers with the other missionaries! 

I left Tuesday morning for Stroud and I do have to say that this was the easiest transfer I’ve had so far, and that’s because this place is gorgeous and Elder Ey is awesome! It’s only been a week but it’s been a ton of fun so far! This area is by far the most hilly place I’ve been so far and we haven’t even started biking yet, I gotta get my bike fixed...but this place is seriously GORGEOUS and it’s much more old fashioned, and smaller than my other areas, the ward isn’t too big here but they are all so kind. It’s been a good first week filled with tracting, and talking to people all the time. We don’t have a ton of people we are working with but it’s all good because we are gonna kickstart everything here, it’s gonna be an awesome transfer!

Our district is giant! It consists of Elder Ey and myself (Stroud), Elder Claboux and Elder Galaraga (Stroud), Sister Bateman and Kovisto (Cheltenham), and Elder Clement and Elder Mklisle (Cheltenham). It’s crazy going from 4 people to 8 people, I definitely miss the Rhiwbina district but this district is sweet! 

I don’t have a ton of stuff to say today because nothing too crazy has happened yet but next week I’ll have more fun stuff for y’all, but here’s a quick thought. The last ten or so months I’ve dealt with weird stomach nausea issues, not actually sick, but always feeling it. It has been one of the hardest trials of my life, and even though I’m so excited for the day where I’ll be better, I’m grateful for all I’ve learned from it. Elder Holland once said “Even if you cannot always see that silver lining on your clouds, God can, for He is the very source of the light you seek. He does love you, and He knows your fears. He hears your prayers. He is your Heavenly Father, and surely He matches with His own the tears His children shed...Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come...You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come.” And as the song quote I love so much says “I believe that there is light up ahead”. During our hard moments, we must show faith and hold onto hope, everything will eventually be made right to those who love god and follow His word. “the words of Christ, if we follow their course, [will] carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise.”

We are gonna get so fit this transfer, we have had some sick morning work out seshs so far! And for those who skimmed this email just know that IM ALIVE AND HAPPY. Have a good week, I love you guys! Look unto Christ in every thought, doubt not, fear not 😘✌

Elder Varner















No comments:

Post a Comment