Monday, October 16, 2017

deep fried oreos!!! (Week 61, Rwibina, Cardiff, Wales, Elder Yim

Hey homies! I have so much to say to you all but I don’t wanna write too long of a novel so let’s just dive in! transfer calls came in yesterday and I’m getting moved to England! I’ll be in Stroud with ELDER EY! he’s from my MTC group and I’m so hyped! It’s gonna be a crazy six weeks! 
Here’s a few cool highlights from this week
  • so bishop asked us to be at the chapel to introduce ourselves to a part member/less active family who was there to organise a funeral for their mother, while they waited to meet with the bishop we got to just talk with them and take them into the chapel, we got to talk with them about the plan of Salvation and I bore my testimony of it and shared my experience with my mom, the spirit was so strong. And they even came to church yesterday! They are so cool!
  • This week was Chinese challenge week, which was pretty much created for the sake of getting rid of a ton of extra Chinese materials, and we pretty much lost from day 2 so we spent a lot of time helping the Cardiff sisters and the zone leaders and I think the Cardiff sisters won it in the end!
  • Deep fried oreos in city centre, not my smartest idea
  • Interviews with President and Sister Leppard and An awesome district meeting, I gave a Training on having faith in Jesus Christ. One of my favourite parts of being a district leader has to be how comfortable I’ve gotten at giving trainings. And that skill proved useful yesterday as I had to teach both gospel principles and elders quorum super last minute. In elders quorum there was one guy who started going on a tangent about how tampons are being taxed here now, it was so weird
  • Went to a super authentic Chinese restaurant courtesy of the homie leon 

[]

Yesterday, Elder Ballard spoke to the entire Europe area over broadcast and it was so awesome! I wish I could share everything I learned from it with you but I’ll just share a piece. He talked about how whenever he feels overwhelmed from anything, he thinks to the Garden of Gethsemane and Jesus Christ preforming the atonement. I’m so grateful for the Saviour and for his loving determination to give us all the opportunity to return to god again, it truly is up to us to use his atonement in our lives, and what a great rallying cry to us for when we feel overwhelmed or stressed. It could be summed into these two words: Remember Him!

Cardiff is a beautiful place, the people are lovely and I’ve loved my time here and the people I’ve met. The hardest goodbye had to be saying goodbye to the Gxxoulds, the family that lost their son back in June right when I got here. That was hard to say goodbye. But I am ready for a new area, to meet new people, to have a fresh start and I couldn’t be more hyped and also grateful. About to have a lit week with the homie Elder Ey! And speaking of homies, thanks for being the greatest homies a Jimmer fan could ask for, I love you all! Look unto Christ in every thought, doubt not, fear not 😘✌

Elder Varner











No comments:

Post a Comment