Monday, June 26, 2017

gypsies on the run and go! (week 45 Rhibwina, Cardiff, Wales, Elder Mason)

Hey everyone!

Thanks for tuning into another session from across the pond! This week had its high highs and some low lows but I made it out alive and stronger for it which is what's important!

The work was so rough this week, we were taking L's left and right whether it be investigators dropping us or just at door steps. We had a few solid restoration lessons this last week though. I always feel the spirit as I testify of the restoration of the gospel, even when people reject us or try to bash with us (which happened a few times this week). One guy said to me "I bet I know more about your religion than you do", and that got me frustrated because some people have a totally false idea on what we believe. 

My health hasn't been the greatest this week, I've had some of the nausea stuff come back this week more, but I think I just ate something that was bad so hopefully I'll feel better soon. I always hold onto that lyric that reads "I believe that there is light up ahead". I know things always get better, we just gotta keep on hoping and doing all we can do.

We had some absolutely LIT sports nights this week. Basketball on Saturday night was unreal! We had a nice 5v4 game going on and I was hitting some deep threes ðŸ‘Œbut the real craziness happened on Friday night at football. We were at a park near city centre playing football and out in the distance we saw some horses with chariots, six of them with a bunch of teenagers/young adults in them, they started riding through our field and at first I thought it was all fun and games but then a few of them started trying to run over some of us, one of them jumped out and took one of our footballs and rode off. And another was about to run over my bag which had my iPad in it, until one of our guys lifted up his chariot to save my bag. Well that guy's friends weren't too happy about that. They all jumped off and were swearing at us and threatening us and me and one of the young men got pretty far away by that point, eventually it all got calmed down because we all just walked away. Later on, the cop's started chasing them through the city. If you didn't get that, here's what I want to say in a few words: gypsies are real and they're worse than chavs. 

This week I've been trying to work a lot on the Christlike attribute of charity and love. In Moroni 7:47-48 it reads "But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ". I know that as you pray and ask god to help you see others as he sees them that you'll be blessed with charity. I've felt that love so much this week as I've tried harder to serve others and as I've prayed for it. The world needs more charity.

Happy birthday to my grandpa Bill and my cuz Mack! Love you two! And I love you all! Have a good week and go serve some people!

Elder Varner

pic 1: cardiff city centre babyyyy!!!
pics 2-6: zone conference ft. clayton, smith, clauboux
pic 7: random rivers

pic 8: cardiff bay!









No comments:

Post a Comment