Monday, July 30, 2018

the best two years (Week 101, Stourbridge, England, Elder Kelleher and Elder Wilson)

this week went by way too fast, these two years went by so quickly. i can’t believe this is my last email to you all. but we will get to that later in this email! after pday was over last Monday we went knocking doors and while doing so, the last door opened up and it was a girl named Ayyykile. she said she has just been searching for a church to join and she’d love to have us come by to teach her more. so the next day we went back and taught her the restoration on her doorstep, it was one of the best lessons I’ve been in. 

we went to redditch for an exchange and had loads of great conversations. good touches are where it’s at! we did some service this week, dropped off flyers for a ward activity in the area surrounding the chapel, had a ward pioneer night activity, had district counsel, and more. lots of recognising promptings and getting to act on them, best feeling in the world. 

we met with rob this week as well. he said he’s had an urge to quit drinking tea and coffee and he’s “just rolling with it”. so dope. 

the last two years have been the hardest of my life, but by far the best of my life. ive never been happier, and I know that the happiness I’ve experienced out here is directly related to the fact that my focus has been on the saviour and serving others. for two years, I’ve lost my worldly life, but in return I’ve truly found my life. I now understand my potential as a son of a loving Heavenly Father. For two years I have worn His son’s name on my chest. I’ve been mocked, spit on, and more. Being able to feel a glimpse of the saviour’s life has made me love him so much more. I’m not close to perfect, I’ve still got loads of weaknesses, and I’m grateful I have the rest of my life to work on them. I’m grateful that Jesus Christ has consecrated my efforts out here. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know it with every ounce of me. No matter what we’ve done, we can turn to him for a fresh start. He can comfort us, he can change our hearts if we let him. I love Him and I’ll spend the rest of my life wishing to be back here sharing His love with the people of Britain.

its been real. ill see you guys on Wednesday night at 6:15 at john wayne airport! On the dot! I love you all!

Elder Varner

Sent from my iPad









No comments:

Post a Comment