Monday, July 9, 2018

heat wave!! (Week 98, Stourbridge, England, Elder Kelleher and Elder Wilson)

UPDATE: I drafted this up earlier and then I found out I’ll be getting emergency transferred to Nuneaton for my last 3 weeks out here. Don’t worry I didn’t do anything but I’m fixing someone else’s mistake so I’m moving later today, with that in mind, here’s my weekly:

hey everyone! it’s been another busy week over here! it’s been filled with lots of finding, lots of promptings recognised and acted upon, lots of spiritual lessons learned, lots of everything.

we met our new mission president, president and sister hughes. they are from chorley which is a little city up north near the temple. they are so awesome, during the zone conference you could literally feel love radiating off of them. i gave my departing testimony because it was my last zone conference, that was really weird, i still feel like I got here a week ago, even though it feels like I’ve never been anywhere else other than this little island. 

i was fighting a pretty gnarly cold for the first half of the week so I felt like rubbish. but it’s all good cuz I’m a lot better now. i was like Micheal Jordan, just grinned straight through it. if you don’t know yet, England is absolutely killing it in the World Cup and it’s the easiest intro for talking to people. these brits are so hyped! also this summer has been the hottest summer that this country has had in YEARS. lots of other stuff happened but I think I’ll just keep this one short.

while this talk was given about priesthood service, this applies to all. president henry b eyring once said “When I find myself drawn away from my priesthood duties by other interests and when my body begs for rest, I give to myself this rallying cry: “Remember Him.” The Lord is our perfect example of diligence in priesthood service. He is our captain. He called us. He goes before us. He chose us to follow Him and to bring others with us.“ When Jesus Christ was on the cross, he announced “it is finished”. His spirit left his body and he taught us a lesson as he went to the spirit world to continue his holy work in bringing souls unto him. When we feel tired, let us remember our diligent, loving saviour. 

I love you guys! Have a great week! Look unto Christ in every thought, doubt not, fear not ✌😘

Elder Varner


SIKE: New update: so this morning one of the assistants called me telling me I was being emergency transferred. So I packed ALL my stuff and was ready to leave. We went to go grab some lunch and they called me and told me I had to get to my new area ASAP. so I was like ok and booked it back to my flat only to get another call from them and they said after thinking about all the factors of the situation it made most sense for me to stay here in Stourbridge so I'm staying here in a trio. Elder Wilson will get a new companion next week and I'll finish with elder kelleher after that. Love you guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment