Monday, July 16, 2018

dead dogs and smelly chavs (Week 99, Stourbridge, England, Elder Kelleher and Elder Wilson)

this week absolutely flew by! it’s been a really weird week but it’s been a lot of fun. lemme just say I’m happy that I’m still here in the trio in stourbridge haha, that was a close call last week.

we did some door knocking, some street contacting, and more. as a mission we are working hard to leave “good tastes” in people’s mouths, I love the whole good touches theory! we worked for a day in woodsetton and on the bus ride back there was a really obnoxious chav guy and he was so crude and loud and at the end of the bus ride he came up and sat behind one of my companions and started insulting him, he was so drunk, and he smelt so bad, it was a wild ride to say the least.

and then we were doing service a few days later and we were digging in a backyard and we dug up an entire set of bones of a dog that had been buried there a few years back, that was quite the experience if you ask me.

we taught a Christian man this week about the three kingdoms of glory and showed him 1 Corinthians 15:40-41 and 2 Corinthians 12:2 and he was freaking out, I’ve never seen anyone so excited about the plan of salvation, he kept saying “I can’t believe I missed it! It’s right there in black and white”, he also called Paul a gangster. It was a sweet lesson.

we had a lemonade stand yesterday to give away free drinks to get our church name out in the public, it went really well. a lot of people were shocked that we were serving the community because people don’t even say hi to each other here. we also did a leaflet drop this past week.

elder dieter uchtdorf once said “by design, the Lord chooses “the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.” The Lord does this to show that His hand is in His work, lest we “trust in the arm of flesh.”’ i am a weak vessel, I’m not the best teacher or finder, im not always in the best mood, I still have plenty of weaknesses, but I know that the Lord has used me as a means of blessing His children. I am simply an instrument in His hands, I’m not responsible for any of the miracles I’ve seen, it is all Him. I don’t know a ton, but I know that God lives and loves each of us. I know he sent His perfect son, Jesus Christ, to atone for us. I know that God has called a prophet on the earth, He has brought back His church to the earth. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints IS Jesus Christ’s church established on the earth. It is the only place to find the original and complete teachings of Jesus Christ. I’m grateful for this chance I have to be an instrument in God’s hands.

hope you all have a legendary week! I know I will! I love you guys!

Elder Varner




No comments:

Post a Comment