Monday, September 11, 2017

operation talybont!!!! (Week 56, Rhiwbina, Cardiff, Wales, Elder Yim)

hey hey hey! whats up fam!

the time has been flying out here, I know I say that every week but it seriously has! this was a good week, but the work is so slow here though. we are really struggling to build a teaching pool and im not gonna lie it's frustrating because I feel like we are working so hard and we just aren't getting anywhere with it. I know that things are gonna start heating up with the work soon, just gotta keep doing our part and working our hardest, we don't control other's agency, we just invite them to act. I'd love any finding advice though if any of yall have some! we are really trying to work with members now so we will see how that goes, just gotta trust the process and trust the lord and be patient! we are starting to work in a little uni village area called talybont that we think might be private property so we are going all mission impossible status and have come up with a plan to creep in and knock a few doors at a time to not get caught haha

man we had such a sick hoop session on Saturday night, like so sick!! there was one point in our game where I just was draining back to back to back shots, I seriously felt like Jimmer! made me miss the good ole church ball days haha! we had an awesome district meeting as well, I gave a training on enduring to the end and how charity and love is such a key part to that. love is the best motivation to keep going! our district is great right now as well! it's me, elder yim (Hong Kong), sister Olsen, and sister swasey (both from Utah). It's a pretty cool district.

we had plenty of little tender mercies along the way this week, whether that be someone just taking the time to talk to us for a few minutes or random last minute lessons, it's been good. even though you can count the amount of lessons we teach each week on one hand, I feel like we are doing what the Lord wants us to do and I feel like he is shaping me into the servant and son he wants me to become. it definitely can be rough sometimes out here but it's been a blast so far and I love these people, it's not supposed to be easy, just worth it. it is so worth every minute out here, and it's so cool to read journal entries from the beginning of my mission and to see how much I've changed and how much stronger my testimony is, I know that Jesus Christ lives.

lastly I thought I'd share a quote with yall: president uchtdorf said once "So often we get caught up in the illusion that there is something just beyond our reach that would bring us happiness: a better family situation, a better financial situation, or the end of a challenging trial. The older we get, the more we look back and realize that external circumstances don’t really matter or determine our happiness. We do matter. We determine our happiness." Happiness is a choice which we make every day. We can choose to be happy no matter what the circumstances of our life are. Our focus, not our circumstances, determine our life. And if we choose to have that focus be on Jesus Christ and his gospel, we can be happy no matter what. So, CHOOSE today to be happy, don't wait. Don't wait for better circumstances to come to choose to be happy, or one day you may look back and realise that you chose never to be happy. Choose today to be happy!

A major shoutout to all my homies who are finishing their missions and have gotten back recently including the homies benjo wenjo, Austin cook, the biggest patriot I know-Jacob Buchanan, kolton McCluskey, cayden norton, and Ben hill! I know there's more but I don't have a perfect memory right now-anyways thank you for being amazing examples to me!

I realise today is the anniversary of 9/11, and many are suffering due to natural disasters at this time. May our prayers go out to them from the bottom of our hearts, may we stand a little taller and help others, may we be a little kinder, go out of the way to help others, be a friend to the lonely, reach out to those in need, we need more of that in the world we live in. I love you guys and trust that you'll be the kind of person this world needs at this time. Now go have a lit week! Look unto Christ in every thought, doubt not, fear not ðŸ˜˜

Elder Varner











No comments:

Post a Comment