Monday, September 18, 2017

king of the court!!!! (Week 57, Rwibina, Cardiff, Wales, Elder Yim)

if any of you had an idea of how hyped I am for this upcoming week! this week is gonna be so lit! I just can feel it! the last week was actually pretty good, my health wasn't the best but oh well, we met some cool people and had a lot of "good touches" as my homie t money would put it! also I hit my 13 month mark yesterday, and it's so crazy how fast time is going by! It is actually getting faster and faster and I kinda want it to slow down!

we had dinner at vyyerena's this week and we sat there for maybe five minutes tops with her and then her partner came in and she left for a bit and we talked to her partner, Jxxames, for over 30 minutes about good vs evil and how serving others brings true joy. a month ago jxxames would always leave the room when we came and now he loves talking to us and a friendship is really starting to develop, he's starting to trust us a ton and we are starting to ease into the gospel with him, he has so much potential!

on Tuesday we asked our beast Ward mission leader for some advice and he told us we should start working in a place called thornhill. I had worked there a few times but no one was ever interested and we got some harder rejection. when he told us we should start working there I felt like Alma when he was told to go back to Ammonihah after facing much rejection. we haven't had any success there yet but I know it'll come!  at one door, a young mother opened and we talked with her about how families are eternal and she wasn't too believing of that, I bore my testimony of how families truly are forever and she totally felt the spirit, you could literally see that she was feeling it and she knew she was feeling something, she then declined our offer to teach her and her family, but it was so cool cuz the spirit was just so present!

lots of random stuff this week but here's a few honourable mentions:
  • some guy wished us a merry Christmas because he thought we were jehovah witnesses, either way, Christmas in September?!?
  • winter has pretty much arrived, I guess the UK just decided to skip over Fall and head straight into winter, it's been getting so cold here!
  • Had a visit with an awesome couple, the Nyyaylors, they are pretty much a senior missionary couple, they spend all their time visiting people and when we stopped by they fed us a ton of food, gave us a few referrals without us even saying a word, and even had their professional nutrionalist friend give me advice for my stomach problem over the phone. god bless the naylors!
  • we helped the gxxould's move a bunch of stuff and they told us that because of our help that the wife was able to make it to her job and that their daughter made it to an audition in Bristol. It was nice to hear that something we did really helped someone.
  • #starspangledbanner at district meeting
  • a lit basketball evening, we got twelve homies there and we did king of the court! you know I was king!

I've been thinking a lot about having an eternal perspective and how important it is. Spencer W Kimball once said “If we looked at mortality as the whole of existence, then pain, sorrow, failure, and short life would be calamity. But if we look upon life as an eternal thing stretching far into the premortal past and on into the eternal post-death future, then all happenings may be put in proper perspective.” We can feel peace and hope when we remember that life is eternal, and that one day we will be victorious over all the trials we are facing in this life. Hold on, believe in good things to come. One day things will truly be better. Even if you feel broken, know that one day you will be made whole, and you will feel a fullness of joy, whether that comes in this life or the next, just keep pressing forward.

The last few weeks have definitely been rougher on me with health problems and the slowness of the work here, but I really, fully heartedly know that this week is going to be so much better and I'm looking forward to telling you about it next week. Don't worry about me, I'm ALIVE AND WELL AND STILL HAPPIER THAN IVE EVER BEEN! I love these Welsh homies and I love you all, and I'm so grateful for each of you. don't ever fredette that! now go serve someone who is feeling down!

Elder Varner








No comments:

Post a Comment