Monday, March 20, 2017

and the 18th year did end in a broken iPad screen. And it came to pass in the commencement of the 19th year ... (Week 31 Wylde Green, England)

wasssssssuuuuuuuuuppppp party people, it's your boy DV with another episode out here in the motherland. seven months in the uk and still no accent, but it's always a blast and the work is going swell, a major THANK YOU to all of you who sent happy birthday emails and to those who sent letters and stuff! big shout out to the homie Ryan gates as well! alright let's go!

first timer 
I've never, ever in my life cracked a device, ever. you can already see this playing out now based off this and my title, but lemme explain. so a month ago I dropped my iPad screen straight up and nothing happened, I was so shocked it was still fine, there was a tiny crack in the corner, but I kinda ignored it. well last Monday night I went to grab my iPad and I guess I grabbed the corner of it that was cracked and all of the sudden literally the entire iPad, crack marks went over it all. It's not the worst, but I'll have to deal with it at one point. made it almost 18 years without making that mistake, but guess you can't live in the past.

work work work
not too much news for this week. PxxxJxxx and Syyyonya are awesome, the rest of the people we are working with are flaky but good people. We met a guy named Dxxxxaniel, he's 17, and is Muslim not because his family, but because his friend told him to be one, he hates it and his parents are jehovahs witnesses and protestants so interesting background we have there hahah. He's a really cool guy, asks super sincere questions and is progressing well! It's nice when people are genuinely interested because I don't want to force anyone to be interested. just typical knocking and such but the work was good this week!

bday hype
yesterday I turned 19, it was a pretty fun birthday, not as fun as chucking soda off a roof like last year, but still fun haha. church was good too. we went to the Robertsons for lunch and had a sweet roast meal, then the best Oreo pie I've ever had, no lie guys! we stopped by the O'Grady's for a bit and then had ward coordination. it was one of the funniest meetings of my life oh my days haha, . . . . we went over to PxxxJxxx and Syyyonya's and they surprised me with a nice dinner and cake and also some shirts, then today me and elder Jensen went golfing. 14 holes in and it started DUMPING rain, jeez, it was a fun round though. 

spiritual thought
during life we go through hard times, sometimes they leave us feeling broken. elder Holland said once "Know that one day the dawn will break brightly and all shadows of mortality will flee. Though we may feel we are “like a broken vessel,” as the Psalmist says, we must remember, that vessel is in the hands of the divine potter." God will never forsake us, he has a plan for each of us, and when we trust in him, that's when we find true happiness.

I'm sorry for the crappy email, honestly nothing really happened this week, but I'm alive and well. Also someone check out my bracket and tell me how I'm doing cuz I have no flipping clue how many games have happened if any yet. But have a good week, I love you guys!

Elder Varner









No comments:

Post a Comment