Monday, June 18, 2018

till i collapse (Week 95, Stourbridge, England, Elder Kelleher and Elder Wilson)

what’s good everyone! transfer calls came in yesterday and ill be ending my mission here in stourbridge with elder kelleher and elder Wilson will join us to make it a trio for half the transfer! trio? the grass is green! it’s gonna be so lit! 
this week was jam packed with things like door knocking, President and sister leppards last zone conference, blessings left and right, and more. it was a swell week. one highlight would have to be last Monday night, we stopped by a potential and he told us to stop by an hour later, so we did and he let us right in. As we sat in his living room his girlfriend walked in and joined all of us. We did a short HTBT and restoration and bam! that’s how you get a super cool young couple to be investigating the only true church of Jesus Christ on the earth!

we were walking in this underground subway thing and started talking to two chav guys. they were more respectful than the typical chav and when we told him that there’s a prophet on the earth today, he looked at us with so much focus, we taught a bit of the restoration to him and he turned to his friend and said in essence “do you recognise the magnitude of what these guys are saying?” It hit me in that moment how incredibly important our message is. i testify that god speaks through prophets in our time, and I would invite you all to listen to what he is saying today.

a good friend of mine who is also in the ending stages of his mission sent a pretty motivating email recently, he talked about how in a race, the last lap is no time to slow down, I can picture Christ as my coach saying to me as I start this last lap of my mission “I GAVE MY ALL TO YOU, NOW GIVE IT YOUR ALL ELDER VARNER!” I’m so incredibly excited to work my absolute hardest til the day I see you all again. 

a scripture that fits this day and also the last twenty two months of my life is Christ’s counsel to each of us: “For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it”

major happy birthdays to my grandma, my brother Jake, my uncle Jeff, and my sister Halle! I hope you all have a wonderful day. I love each of you! Look unto Christ in every thought, doubt not, fear not ✌😘

Elder Varner



No comments:

Post a Comment