Monday, April 30, 2018

par baby! (Week 88, Glenfield, England, Elder Andrulevicus)

over fifteen feet away, but it felt way further, after debating in my head what the best thing to do was, i kicked it and...drained it! so last pday we played footgolf which is golf but with a football (soccer ball) and bigger holes. it’s actually pretty fun, I shot, or kicked?, even par.

this week was a mixed one that’s for sure. do you know that song that says “my sweet summer is gone”? well the summer that we experienced last week pretty much ended and this week was back to the rain. there were a few cool notable events from the last week. we’ve been putting up ads on Facebook Marketplace for free copies of the bible and the Book of Mormon and we’ve been getting messages asking for copies! instead of us searching after the interested people, they are coming to us with this! 
one night last week we were on our way to somewhere when we saw a few people working in their yard cutting down some big branches, it was out of our walk path but we felt like we needed to offer our help and to our surprise they actually took us up on our effort. they were a really cool family from Poland, and what’s cool was a few days previous I felt prompted to carry around some polish leaflets, which I was able to give to them after helping them out for a bit! we also met dxxxaz this week! well, we met him in front of his house a few weeks back while he was working on his car, and we had a really good conversation but not much came from it. last week we knocked into his door and...he let us right in. we taught a bit about prayer and set a return appointment, and we saw him on Friday and taught him the plan of salvation. he’s got a young family and has lost a few loved ones, so this really was cool to him. it was a good lesson and we are planning on seeing him more this week.

in our mission we read the Book of Mormon for 30 minutes a day, and I can testify that the days I read are the best days. there was one day last week where I didn’t get to read the Book of Mormon for as long as I wanted to, or should have, and that day just plain sucked, I was in such a cruddy mood. Elder Holland once said “Brothers and sisters, God always provides safety for the soul, and with the Book of Mormon, He has again done that in our time. Remember this declaration by Jesus Himself: “Whoso treasureth up my word, shall not be deceived”--and in the last days neither your heart nor your faith will fail you.” I’m grateful for my experience from this past week and the lesson I learned with it. The Book of Mormon truly is safety for our souls, and why? Because no other record found anywhere testifies of Jesus Christ so plainly and beautifully. I encourage each of you to dive into the Book of Mormon each day. I can promise you that you will be happier by doing so.

I just realised that today marks TWO years since getting my mission call, I cannot believe it’s been two whole years since I found out I was coming here. I could have never anticipated what’s taken place over the course of the last 20 months. going on a mission is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, no doubt! happy birthday to my aunt taryn and one of my all time top homies, Chad Boberg!!! I love you all! Have a GR8 week! Don’t fredette to go serve someone in need!

Elder Varner





No comments:

Post a Comment