Monday, July 10, 2017

did someone say relief society district? (Week 47, Rhiwbina, Cardiff, Wales; Elder Mason)

Family and Friends,

What's good guys! Hope you've all had a great week! Thanks for tuning into another episode! Boy has this week been a fast one, people are right when they say the time just gets faster and faster!

The work has been decent here, it definitely is the roughest area I've been in so far for the work, but that doesn't get us down, we doing the grind day in, day out! We have some promising return appointments for this upcoming week which we are excited about! Thanks for everyone who gave some advice about that faith thing for Axxled! We got to teach him and his brother Hxxoel this past week, and they asked a lot of sincere questions. We ended with a video of Elder Holland bearing his testimony of the Book of Mormon, then we bore our testimonies of its truthfulness and you could totally tell the spirit just punched the room in the face, it was incredible. Instead of questioning our testimonies, they were touched! At the end of the day, it all comes down to actually reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. If it's true, then we really do have a living prophet on the earth today and the priesthood has been restored and this church really is Christ's church on the earth today, if it isn't true, then this is all false. When we invited someone to read it and pray about it, they asked us "if I get the answer that it isn't true, would that change your opinion or make you reconsider?" Without a moments hesitation I said "no, I've received a witness of the truthfulness of this book, and I can't ever deny this knowledge". It's so important to gain your own testimony of the Book of Mormon and the church rather than relying wholly on someone else's testimony. 

One other really cool experience took place on Saturday while we were traveling to a street that we were gonna work on, we rode past one street which had a potential we had tried stopping by a few times, I felt like we needed to go stop by this guy, but I kind of ignored it, we got further and further from it, and the feeling got stronger, I decided we had to turn back and go. Well the guy, Jxxohn, who we were trying to stop by was home and he let us in, we got to teach him the restoration and invited him to find out for himself by reading and praying, and he was down! I'm so grateful I listened to the spirit!

Nothing else too crazy for the week, no one showed up to football on Friday and we only had a few guys for basketball so we ended up playing a game called "pressure" just like the good ole days with the cousins in AZ and Riverside! Church was good yesterday, I've been trying to take notes during it because it helps me to stay focused and to get the most out of it I can! We had MLC last week in Birmingham which was so cool, president Leppard's trainings always get me excited to go out and work! We are getting a new set of missionaries in our area on Tuesday, two more sisters! So now we are what people would call, a relief society district which means more sisters than Elders! Haha

There was so much good stuff this week in personal study, I wish I could tell you guys all about it, but I'm just gonna share one verse. In Jacob 1 there's a verse that says "Wherefore we labored diligently among our people, that we might persuade them to ​​​come​ unto Christ, and partake of the goodness of God, that they might enter into his ​​​rest​". As I studied this I thought of all my diligent leaders I was blessed to have as I was growing up. I would not be here if it weren't for AMAZING priesthood leaders, I can't list off all of them because there are too many of them, some including my dad and my uncles, chad boberg, brad cook, bishop hill, dave Buchanan, Danny woofinden, Jeffery bleak, Glenn mehner, Paul cook, Tony hladek, Jon crozier, bro DO, hunter Hartman, and so so so many more. I could write books on each one of these men. I'm so grateful for their friendships and their examples to me. I know I wasn't an easy kid, but I'm so grateful all my leaders never gave up on me, I'm so grateful that they saw more in me than I did, and I'm so grateful for them helping me build and strengthen my testimony. I owe them everything.

Well thanks for reading this book. To the brotha Tyler and my uncle Kraig, happy birthday! Hope you all have a legen-wait for it, and I hope you're not lactose intolerant (I might be) because the next word is-DARY, LEGENDARY week!!!! Love you guys! Don't fredette it!

Elder Varner


Sent from my iPad



pic 1: cool bridge with old church out in the distance
pic 2: scooby doo, where are you?!
pic 3: cardiff BABY!!!
pic 4: the homie holbrook
pic 5: elder terry!
pic 6: reunion with the old comp, sinclaire
pic 7: bowen!
pic 8: random iguana guy we found
pic 9: fourth of july!
pic 10: no caption

pic 11: just for you guys ;)





















No comments:

Post a Comment