Monday, March 26, 2018

what the frizzle flip (Week 83, Leicester, England, Elder Johnson)

so transfers came in and I’m ducing out to glenfield, which is literally the next area over. I’ll be whitewashing in which I’m actually a bit excited about, but definitely mixed feelings about only moving over an area. itll be all good though, the lord is in charge!

this last week here was crazy, like so much stuff! we did a Chinese blitz day at the uni where we gave away over 200 Chinese leaflets. and lemme just tell you all that they aren’t a fan of the colour turquoise, they weren’t having those at all, but it was a fun change! we learnt more about family History this week and plan to use that more in our Finding efforts! The spirit of Elijah is so real! I was getting way hyped while learning about my ancestors! we had zone conference, it was sweet to see some homies and receive some great trainings!

we had plenty of experiences taking out members this last transfer and have also sparked the ward Facebook page. our ward mission leader Jxxxack told me yesterday that I was leaving the area much better off than I found it which was a massive blessing to me. i have loved serving in this area with these amazing people. I’ve had a blast on the uni as well, one day last week I spent 5 straight hours talking to people on it! im grateful to have served with Elder Johnson as well, he’s such a stud! One of the hardest workers out there, we had a blast! This has been one of my favourite transfers of my mission.

two things in closing: the UK put out an Easter initiative called #AlwaysThere and it’s so cool! I’ll add it on here! Also, today is the 12 year anniversary of my mom passing away. it has been such a hard trial, and I miss her, it’s hard to hear others talk about their moms and having mine pass away at such a young age. My mom was one of the most selfless people I’ve ever met, and I wish I could have gotten to be with her longer. I am lucky though because I’m one of the only missionaries who has been blessed to have their mom with them on their mission! Also, I have been blessed with an amazing second mom who I love and am grateful for. I am so grateful for God’s plan for us. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ. Because of Him, I will see my mom again and live with her. He “shall wipe away all tears from [our] eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain.” No matter what we have gone through, are going through, or will go through, we can be confident that he always has been there for us, he is here for us, and he always will be here for us. 

i love you all so much, i pray for you all and i do miss you guys. go have a lit week, I’ll try to do the same.

i believe that there is light up ahead. look unto Christ in every thought, doubt not, fear not ✌

Elder Varner














No comments:

Post a Comment